Frequently asked questions
Do I need to be licensed nail technician to purchase?
No, you do not! We are happy to announce that we'd like everyone to enjoy our nail embellishments! To get the longest wear we encourage you to take your AthenA ROCKS to a licensed nail tech. They will know the best way for securing your investment.
Are your stones real? Like what they use for jewelry?
Yes! We list our stones exactly as what they are. When we tell you that we are selling you a pearl it is the real deal!
Is the availability of all stones the same?
No, all of our stones are hand picked by AthenA for quality and cut. Because of our high quality standards we will have more of some stones and less of others. At no time do we guarantee that we will restock a certain stone after it is sold out. These stones are genuine and no two stones are the same.
Are they safe to apply onto nails?
Yes! All of our products are just as safe as applying crystals to nails! We do caution you to let your client know that these are real gemstones from the earth. As such if they knock their hand into something hard enough they could come off. Always best to have them applied by a professional.
What is the source for your stones?
- AthenA's has commissioned gemstones from all over the world. AthenA has a lapidary team to size and cut each stone for perfect positioning on the nail. They cannot be found anywhere else!
Where are they from?
AthenA's personal jeweler procures the rough minerals from around the globe . His last step is to bring them to our lapidary team who calibrate them to AthenA ROCKS specifications.
How do you ship your embellishments?
- All of our US orders are shipped out via USPS Priority Shipping. This assures us that you receive a tracking number and $50 insurance towards protecting your investment. If you require more insurance please email us before placing your order!
Must I place a minimum order?
- No. BUT, our shipping is flat rate in the US. This means if you spend $0.75 we are still going to ship it to you Priority with tracking and insurance.
Where do you ship to?
- US, Canada ,UK. If you do not see your country listed please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I set the stones?
- There are many ways of setting the stones . Please check our YouTube channel for tutorials. We do encourage you to set the stones in a Soak Off Gel so that removal is easier. On stones that are not transparent you would first score the underside of the stone with a nail file; followed by using a drop of glue to attach it. Then we recommend running a bead of soak off gel builder gel around the outside of the stone to anchor it in place. You can put a clear coat of polish over the top of your stone if you want it to be shinier (if hairspray, perfume and other alcohol based products land on the stone it will dull the polish) do not but we do NOT recommend coating our faceted gems in gel. Only smooth gems.
How do I remove the embellishments?
- We recommend that you do NOT file off any embellishment to protect the life of your file/bit and protect the client from heat build up. By using a Soak Off Gel you can simply dissolve away the coating that is holding the embellishment in place.
Will acetone affect the stones?
- For MOST stones the answer is NO (opals are the exception)! We tested our stones by soaking them for 20+ hours in acetone and there was no difference in color, clarity, texture or shine!
What should I charge for embellishments?
- Please be sure to charge for the embellishment itself AND the time/labor it takes for you to apply it!
What do I charge if my client brings the embellishments in to me or to reapply a embellishment my customer has purchased from me?
- We recommend that all embellishments be applied by a nail technician. If someone brings our products in for you then charge them for application!
- If someone is returning with a stone in their nails charge for removal and reapplication.
Can I make the rocks smaller for abstract art?
- We are offering our stones in chips! They have been tumbled for smoother corners and are naturally shiny!
Which embellishments do you recommend for natural nails/gel polish?
- All of them! Be sure to secure them as per our recommendations.
How heavy are they?
- Each stone is hand cut and is unique. As such every item weights differently.
Do you have a sampler pack?
- Yes, we do. Coming soon to our store!